Search This Blog

Monday, October 25, 2010

This weeks Trial and error

So as you can guess my regimen is a work in progress and while I have learned so much I still haven't gotten a regimen nailed down yet. It's hard work because I am a little bit of a product junkie in recovery. There are quite a few products that I still want to try and techniques that I am still learning.

Last week I had a semi-successful flexi-rod set. I feel bad there is not a blog about that first one, but look for one in the future. Next week I will be trying a roller set, I would try it this week but I am super broke! So no money for my hair obession this week.

So this week is for Product Trail and Error!

Saturday
  1. Pre-Conditioned with my mixture, sat with it on for maybe 20 minutes, I lose interest so quickly that was as long as I could stand it.
  2. Shampoo'ed with Vo5 Herbal Balancing shampoo (Added a little Castor Oil and Jojoba oil to it) (Note: This is on the way out, along with the Ion Volumizing Shampoo, I want a rich moisturizing shampoo. I am going to try ProFectiv Mega Growth Shampoo (Light Protein Shampoo) and Neutrogena Triple Moisture Cream Lather Shampoo. I want to alternate between these two.)
  3. Conditioned with Vo5 Moisture Milks (Very nice CHEAP conditioner!)
  4. Deep Conditioned with Fructis Sleek N Shine 3 minute Masque (Note: This product is on it's way out. I like it, but it is not giving me the feeling that I want for my hair. I am going to try Aussie Moist 3 Minute Miracle and add a deep conditioner that I use with heat, under the dryer. I have no idea what that will be yet) I did my thing in the shower with a shower cap on for the 3 minutes.
  5. Rinsed out the Fructis with warm water and used Neutrogena Triple Moisture Daily Deep Condition and rinsed that out with cold water to seal the hair cuticle.
  6. Spritzed with Proclaim TeaTree Leave-In Conditioner and let my hair air dry. Took freaking forever because my hair is so thick!
  7. After it was dry, I moisturized with ProFectiv Daily Leave-in Strengthener and applied Proclaim glossing heat protectant. Sectioned my hair in 4 and flat ironed it. (Note: I could have skipped the flat iron because I haven't used heat in 3 weeks, since I had my hair trimmed by a crazy lady, and I am 5 weeks post relaxer. I am trying to avoid heat but I had no idea what to do with my hair this week. So I flat ironed it.
Saturday hair pamper days take forever! Next week is going to be a mess because of the roller set which I have not done before.

So for the Trial and Error bit for this week.
I am trying to use Castor Oil on my edges. I did it a few times the week of 14th but was a slacker about it.

10-14-10- This is my left edge. You see how it looks sparse? I want to thicken it up. My hair was still wet here

10-25-10 This is my edge today. Hair is completely dry.

So I did my normal routine and for my edges I applied 3 drops castor oil, 1 drop oil mix and applied to my edge. I will be doing this 3 times a week until my next relaxer and see if I see a difference.

So I had no idea what to do with my hair, so I put it in pigtails and then I had a lightbulb go off! So I used four flexi rods, 2 on each pigtail and I will see how it looks. Will post a pic after the fact and see if I can work it tomorrow.

**Update: This did so little lol. It had a nice full curl but nothing wowish, but I didn't keep them in long. Took it out before my husband got home :) will retry and post results**

No comments:

Post a Comment