Search This Blog

Saturday, November 6, 2010

My first Air-Dry Roller set!

October 31, 2010

My first Air-Dry Roller Set. Oh my! So I wanted to do a roller set because I am trying to stretch my relaxer for 10 weeks or more AND avoid heat.

The thing is, I like straight hair, shoot like it, I LOVE it. However, heat and hair are not best friends. If my hair was super healthy I wouldn't worry so much about it, the heat that is, but because it's still a work in progress I want to be kind and not heat damage my hair. So I watched a bunch of YouTube videos (ulovemegz was awesome) and I feel confident that I can do this.

I purchased the Conair 75 Piece roller set for $14.99 from Kmart and it comes in it's own little case. (See the pic)

It comes with:
9 Rollers in each size (For a total of 54 rollers)

20 metal clips (I purchased an additional 12 clips from Sally's because 20 is just not enough)
1 Rat tail comb

  • I pre-conditioned with oils Friday night.
  • On saturday morning I deep conditioned with the last of the Fructis 3 minute masque (So glad that stuff is gone, but I can't find the Aussie Moist 3 minute which is what I wanted to try next. Guess I am going to have to do a bunch of research and find a different DC. Maybe the Neutrugena Triple moisture one)
  • Applied the Kimmaytube Leave-in conditioner recipe (I used Fructis Leave in Conditioning cream instead of Kinky kurly or whatever that stuff is she uses.)
  • Kept my hair moist with water and applied Extra Virgin Coconut Oil as I did each section.
  • It was very hard to figure out each section. I used alot of rollers and effort to get the sections right and I think I only did it 'good enough' which was not acceptable. I was tired though.
  • As you can see from the picture, my sections are super sloppy! I will have to do better next time.

So Sunday morning I woke up, and I was so excited to see how it turned out! But I guess I still need work, because I was not impressed with my first attempt.

I took the rollers out:







Wasn't that much I guess, but I have shoulder length hair and it felt like alot to me!




I tell you what, new growth is the suck. I really just wanted to take the flat iron to my entire head! Seriously it was that bad. To make it worse, the left side looked fantastic but the right side looked off. The curls were not quite right. I put a hat on and worked with it all day sunday but I was none to happy.

I tried the Pineapple wrap and went to sleep, but OMGoodness it looked terrible! Seriously, I sucked at this roller set. I wet my hair down and put it in a pony tail and bunned for the rest of the week.



No comments:

Post a Comment